Susan M. Kauwell
Prothonotary / Clerk of Courts / Clerk of Orphans Court
First Elected: January 2000
Current Term Expires: January 2024
|Montour County Prothonotary|
Montour County Courthouse
253 Mill Street
Danville, Pa 17821
570.271.3010 - phone
|How may we help you?|
Hours of Operation
|Monday||9:00am - 4:00pm|
|Tuesday||9:00am - 4:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am - 4:00pm|
|Thursday||9:00am - 4:00pm|
|Friday||9:00am - 4:00pm|
|Closed weekends and holidays.|
About our Office
The Office of the Prothonotary serves as the clerk of the Civil Court and is responsible for the storage, filing and distribution of the documents related to the Civil Court. Documents including civil lawsuits, protection from abuse, divorce, custody, liens (municipal, state, and federal), mortgage foreclosures, and executions and appeals from the magistrate are filed in the Office of the Prothonotary.
This office gladly accepts the following methods of payment for services rendered:
- DEBIT or CREDIT CARD (processing fees apply)
- Applicants must appear in person
- If the passport applicant is under the age of 16, BOTH parents must appear in person with the applicant.
- If the passport applicant is 16 - not yet 18, one parent must appear in person with the applicant.
- Applicants must submit a certified birth certificate or previous passport
- Applicants must submit two identical passport specific photographs
- Applicants must present a valid drivers license or photo identification
Adult passports are valid for 10 years. Juvenile passports are valid for 5 years.
Passport fees must be paid by check or money order. Credit cards are accepted for the execution fee only.
Passport renewals are not required to appear at an acceptance facility in person, the Montour County Prothonotary's office will review your passport renewal application to ensure that everything is completed correctly upon request. Click here to download form ds82 US Passport Renewal Application.
Click here to download form ds3053 - Statement of Consent (Used in the event one parent is not able to appear with an applicant under the age of 18)
Click here to download form ds5525 - Statement of Exigent or Special Family Circumstances (Used when one of the parents are not known)
|Adult Passport Book||$130.00|
|Adult Passport Card||$30.00|
|Adult Passport Book and Card||$160.00|
|Under age 16 Passport Book||$100.00|
|Under age 16 Passport Card||$15.00|
|Under age 16 Passport Book and Card||$115.00|
|1 - 2 Day Delivery||$19.53|
|Execution Fee (may be paid by credit card)||$35.00|
- Appointments are preferred and are available from 9:30AM until 3:00PM Monday - Friday.
- Both parties must appear together to apply
- All marriage license applications require a $50.00 application fee.
- If either party was previously married, you must submit a certified copy of the final divorce decree
- There is a state mandated 3 day waiting period from the time of application until the marriage license can be issued.
- Licenses are valid anywhere in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and are good for 60 days from the issue date.
- Blood tests are no longer required
- Certified copies of the marriage license are $5.00 each and are available after the license has been recorded.